Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 8. pm
PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Cllr Philip Davies, Cllr. Richard Smith and the Clerk Paul Smith
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam who is currently on vacation..
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 8th May 2018 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• The VAT refund for 2017/18 totalling £1,739.83 has been received from HM Custom & Excise.
• The Clerk registered the Hall with the ICO reference GDPR. Payment has been made and acknowledged. An audit of the information kept by the Hall has been completed and a Data Processing Policy has been prepared.
• Reference the above and to ensure the security of the data on the laptop it will be necessary to purchase an external hard drive cost approximately £80-£85 depending on make This was agreed.
• The Laptop crashed and had to be repaired. It is recommended that the latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows 10 is purchased. Cost approximately £75 to £100 depending on the version. However the Clerk is evaluating a free software package Libra Free which is compatible with Microsoft Office and he will report back at July’s meeting whether or not it is necessary to purchase Microsoft Office.
• The old photocopier from Clarity copiers is having problems and it is recommended we end the contract and do not replace it. This was agreed..
• Two additional bank signatories are required for the WMH bank account.These will be confirmed at July’s meeting.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.
Regarding the Hall surveys, the Clerk reported he had met with Andrew Pemberton who looked at the damp floor issues identified by Richard Saunders. He said he would speak to Richard and then prepare a quotation. None of the other companies identified by Richard have been in touch. One company declined to carry out the Energy Audit. Richard has been on holiday and the Clerk will contact him on his return to see how we can progress the outstanding quotations for the other surveys/plans.
Cllr. Evans explained that the Trustees will need to make a presentation with the application demonstrating how they have engaged with the different groups association and bodies within the and outside of community. After some discussion it was agreed that a Hall Fund Raising Committee should be started including a cross section of people within the community with different areas of expertise. It will also be necessary to get as many people to “buy into” the project and this will mean advertising and communicating to as many people as possible. It was agreed that it will be necessary to form the Hall Fund Raising Committee as soon as possible. This will be addressed at July’s meeting to ensure the Committee is in place immediately after the Summer school holidays in September.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS. Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approve. Payments totalled £679.58 as per the attached schedule numbers 1806/1813.
6.ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35pm
Signed Chairman………………………………………10th July 2018