Hall Minutes November 2018

Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 13th November 2018 at 8.58 pm.

PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Cllr. Philip Davies Cllr Robert Hyde, Cllr Richard Smith Cllr. Mark Evans and the Clerk Paul Smith.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam on vacation.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 11th October 2018 copies 9having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The office phone has been replaced as agreed. Cost £30.
2. The Coychurch Toddlers Group started on Friday 9th November 2018. They are storing toys etc in the metal cabin in the back yard. There was an excellent turn out for the first day.
3. One of the gent’s urinals was blocked. Work to clear it has been carried by PBM Pencoed.
4. The drain in the OBR toilet was also blocked. PBM has also cleared this.
5. A new Fluorescent light is needed in the Kitchen Also repairs to conduit and an additional wall socket in the Hall. Work to be completed by Jeff Steinz electrical this week.
6. Website. The Chairman and Cllr. Gwilliam obtained three quotations for development and maintenance of a new website for the Hall and the Council. They are from Vibewebsite, Art by Design and ITCS. Both recommended Art by Design since they provided the best support and maintenance package and were the most cost effective option at £590 for development, £100 per annum hosting and support and £50 per hour for training. It was agreed that the new website should be developed by Art by Deign. This should be operational for the end of March. Notice (90 days) to cancel the existing contract with ITCS will be given on the 1st December. The specification of requirements for the new website is to be started and should also identify what key parts of the website should be available in Welsh.
7. To discuss holding a concert/entertainment in February/March 2019. Cllr. Evans had previously circulated information about Andy Wilshire as a possible entertainer. There was some concern about the cost £800 and it was suggested we see if the Trustees can get a discounted rate being a registered charity. It was also agreed that we should look at other entertainers with Saturday 2nd March or Saturday 9th March being dates to book.
8. The Hall accounts for year ending 31st March 2018 have been audited by Mr. Norman Davies who is the internal auditor for the Community Council.

4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.                                                                                                        The Chairman reported that following the meeting with Connor James of Age Cymru Connor had discussed with his Trustees the possibility of Age Cymru working in partnership with the Hall Trustees whereby Age Cymru would prepare, support and fund the lottery application in return for the Hall providing Age Cymru with the opportunity to utilise the hall for community lunches etc..The timescale for the application to be processed should only be a few months but this will have to be confirmed. Connor has forwarded an outline business plan for the Hall Trustees to review,
Following some discussion it was agreed that the Chairman should ask Connor James to attend our next meeting to brief the Trustees in more detail. The next meeting will be on the Tuesday 27th November at 6.30pm. It was also agreed that the Trustees should still prepare and progress their own funding application as previously agreed.
The Chairman further advised that the Scope of Works has been completed and costs identified total £43,000.
5.TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£763.48 as per the attached schedule numbers 1841/1847.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
The Chairman reported,
That the Clock in the OBR room is not working? The Clerk will check and fix the problem The Coychurch Toddlers Group has requested that the Hall signs up to the Toddlers Breast Feeding scheme. The Clerk will discuss with the Toddlers group. .
Cllr Gwilliam asked if the area behind the stage can be tidied up. The Clerk advised that lack of storage space is the problem, though he will check to see if any items can be moved.
A complaint has been made by a resident in Brynffrwd Close, about some children attending the Youth Club. The Clerk will speak to Andrew Jones regarding this complaint.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.38pm.

Signed Chairman………………………………………11th December 2018