DRAFT MINUTES of the Forty Sixth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the
COYCHURCH LOWER COMMUNITY COUNCIL,
held at the Council Office on Tuesday the 14th May 2019 at 7.00 pm.
PRESENT Vice Chairman Cllr. P. Gwilliam, Cllr P. Davies, Cllr. J. Brace, Cllr K Lloyd and the Clerk, M. Thomas
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence received from Cllr. H. Evans (abroad) and Cllr R. Hyde (family commitment)
2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS A.G.M.
The Minutes of the Forty-Fifth Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday the 8th May 2018 having been previously email to the Councillors were approved and signed by the Vice Chairman.
3. RETIRING CHAIRMAN’S REPORT.
The departing Chairman, Cllr Helen Evans, provided a brief report on her year and expressed her thanks to her fellow Councillors and the Clerk for their work over the year. She also welcomed new councillor, Kate Morgan and hoped that she would enjoy the role.
4a. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN.
Cllr. P. Gwilliam was proposed, seconded and elected as Chairman.
4b. CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF OFFICE.
The Chairman Cllr. Penny Gwilliam signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and Code of Conduct.
5. APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIRMAN.
Cllr. P. Davies was proposed, seconded and elected Vice Chairman.
6. TO ADOPT THE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR 2019/20.
The code of Conduct was formally adopted by the Council.
Representatives were appointed to the following:
- Llangrallo School Governors – Cllr Helen Evans
- Town and Community Forum BCBC – Cllr Robert Hyde and Cllr Jayne Brace
- One Voice Wales – Cllr Philip Davies
- Footpaths and ROW – Cllr Philip Davies
It was resolved to continue membership of the following:
- Society of Local Council Clerks.
- Association of Town and Community Councils – One Voice Wales.
9. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC
There was no business under this item.
10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.22pm.
Signed Chairman……………………………………………………… Date: __________________
This is a draft copy of the minutes and a final signed copy will be available to view in the Council Office, Williams Memorial Hall, Coychurch, CF35 5HB following the Council Meeting on 11th June 2019