Council Minutes Apr 2018

Minutes of the meeting of Coychurch Lower Community Council held at
the Council Meeting Room at the Williams Memorial Hall
on Tuesday the 10th April 2018 at 7.15 pm.

PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Kenneth Smith, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Richard Smith and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1607. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Philip Davies and Cllr. Miss Penelope Gwilliam.
1608. MINUTES.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13th March 2018 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
1609. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL PREJUDICIAL OR FINANCIAL INTEREST.
There were no declarations of interest.
1610. CLERKS REPORT.
• The Clerk wrote to the Chief Constable of South Wales Police expressing the Council’s concerns regarding the lack of effective Community Policing. No response to date.
• The Clerk wrote to BCBC’s Highways reference the dangerous and illegal parking along David Street on the Bridgend Industrial Estate. BCBC replied and confirmed that the street in question is an adopted highway and that they have had a request from a business owner in David Street to put double yellow lines along the road. However this BCBC believe should be addressed by the Police since they have the power act if any vehicle causes an obstruction on a highway.
• The Clerk wrote to a resident in Glenwood close reference overgrowing vegetation.
• The Clerk has completed the survey from the Wales Audit Office.
• Reference the Community Fund, Borough Councillor Venables has confirmed that the application the Council made for funds to repair the kick about area in the Play Park has been processed and authorised by BCBC. Payment received by BACS on 4th April 2018.
• Reference the tree cutting on BCBC’s land at Duffryn Close. Quotes have been obtained. Once BCBC confirm the tree cutting can go ahead the necessary forms will be completed and submitted.
• Mr. Gareth Jones has approached the Community Council through Councillor Venables asking the Community Council to apply to the Community Fund on his behalf for the purchase of a bench and a waste bin on Bryn Road for the area by the council cut grass verge on the right as you walk out of the village. Borough Cllr. Dr. Elaine Venables has also organized a waste bin from BCBC and this is also to be located at the Bryn. It was agreed the Clerk should contact Councillor Venables to clarify the situation regarding bin placement.
• Mr, Mark Evans approached Cllr. Venables asking for funding for the purchase of 8 concrete bollards to prevent damage to the grass verges in Meadow Close. Cllr Venables forwarded this to the Community Council. The Clerk advised Clr, Venables that is Highways land and will require their consent before and probably those of other residents before this can be progressed.
• One Voice Wales forwarded a copy of their “Response to the Community and Town Council Review”. Copy to all.
• Notification received from One Voice Wales of the joint OVW and SLCC conference to be held at the Metropole Hotel Llandrindod Wells of the 16th May 2018.
• Correspondence forwarded from One Voice Wales informing te Community Council of a green paper “Strengthening Local Government: Delivering for People”. This can be accessed via https://beta.gov.wales/strenthening-local-government-delivering-people
• Letter received from Dr. Dai Lloyd AM concerning a Welsh Government taskforce which is now being established to look at the issue of unadopted roads in Wales.
• Email received from BCBC with the agreed survey attached of the meeting times of the Town and Community Forum meetings for completion and return by Friday 13th April 2018. Copy to Cllr. Gwilliam.
• Copies of correspondence received between Llangan Community Council and BCBC reference the Ward Jones site on the Bridgend Industrial Estate.
• Notification received from the Bridgend County Civic Charity Committee of a fund raising Golf Tournament to be held at the Grove Golf Club on Friday 11th May 2018. Details with the Clerk.
• Invitation received for the Chairman to attend the Mayor of Pencoed’s Thanksgiving Service on Sunday 6th May 2018 at Salem Chapel Coychurch Road Pencoed starting at 3pm.
• Email received from Gareth Jones advising that the “Unsuitable For HGVs” signs have been installed in Tyn-y-Caeau Lane and expressing his thanks for the assistance given by the Community Council.
• Report received from Gareth Jones about fly tipping on Tyn-y-Caeau Lane. The Clerk has advised Clean up the County asking them to clear the rubbish.
1611. TO DISCUSS THE GDPR AND POSITION OF DPO.
The Clerk advised that he has started to audit the data kept by the Community Council and very little personal data is involved. However confirmation still has not been received as to whether or not a fully qualified Data Processing Officer has to be nominated by the Council or whether this can if practical be managed by the Community Council. The Clerk will investigate the cost involved if a professional DPO has to be used.
1612. TO DISCUSS THE PURCHASE OF A DEFIBRIILATOR(s) FOR THE WARD.
Cllr. Evans reported that she had been in discussion with Welsh Hearts about purchasing defibrillators from them. Cost of a defibrillator is £995 and a heated cabinet £485. They will provide compressive training give a 7 years guarantee and replace the pads free of charge.
Cllr. Evans further advised that Borough Councillor Venables agreed to donate £500 per defibrillator from the Community Fund. It was also agreed that the Coed-y-Myswtr Hotel and the Golf Club should be approached for a contribution towards the purchase of the defibrillators and cabinets.
Exact locations still have to be finalized but Waterton Lane, by Coychurch Primary School, up the Bryn near the Golf Club and another location were discussed.
After further discussion it was agreed that the Community Council would apply for a Lottery Grant for the purchase of 4 defibrillators and 4 cabinets.
1613. POLICE.
There was no business under this heading.
1614. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING PLANNING.
There was no Planning Sub Committee on Monday 9th April 2018. Cllr. Kenneth Smith presented the planning matters for April 2018.
Applications.
P/18/149/FUL. Mr. Francis 72, Glenwood Close Coychurch. Two storey extension to rear and porch to front.
Objections
Nil.
Comments made.
P/18/149/FUL This proposal would result in overdevelopment of a small curtilage. We would
expect neighbours may object on overlooking grounds but have no objection ourselves..
Permissions.
P/17/1056/DPN Mardan Stevenage Ltd- Parc Ewenny Ind Est. Prior notice to demolish several buildings.
P/18/102/FUL Willis Asset Mgt Ltd. Aviation House Brocastle Avenue WIE. Change of use from B1 (Industrial) to B1/B8 (Industrial/storage or distribution).
Refused.
Nil.
Other
Nil
1615. TO DISCUSS ANY ROAD SAFETY ISSUES.
BCBC’s Highways Department has confirmed that David Street on the Bridgend Industrial Estate is an adopted highway. Moreover it is their opinion that illegal parking should be addressed by the Police since they have the power to take action if any vehicle causes an obstruction on a highway. It was agreed the Clerk should write to the Police asking them to take action against any drivers causing an obstruction.
The Clerk had looked at the current location of the Grit Bin at the top of Glenwood Close and given the size of the bin there was nowhere nearby to relocate it without causing an obstruction. After further discussion it was agreed the Clerk should check with BCBC to see if there any smaller size Grit Bins available.
1616 .TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING FOOTPATHS/RIGHT OF WAYS.
The Clerk reported that the Community Council has written again to Andrew Mason of BCBC’s ROW
regarding the issues previously reported in February and March.
There has been no response and no progress since that time. ROW advised this is due to recent staff cutbacks and holidays.
The Golf Club has agreed to put up the marker posts, though ROW has still to supply the markers for the posts.
The Clerk will contact ROW again with the objective of trying to arrange a meeting with them to discuss how these outstanding issues can be progressed.
1617. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH
Borough Cllr. Dr. Mrs. Elaine Venables was not in attendance.
1618. TO CONSIDER DONATIONS TO BE MADE BY THE COUNCII.
There was no business under this heading.
1619.TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT AND THE
ACCOUNTS FOR YEAR ENDING 31st MARCH 2018.
The RFO presented the Finance Report and Yearend Accounts as at the 31st March 2018. He reported that the
Income for this year was £20,727.55 and Expenditure £20,546.03 a Gain of £181.52. Balances were checked and
confirmed at £4,060.72. The Accounts were confirmed and the Chairman signed the accounts and bank statement
balances.
1620. TO DISCUSS THE PRECEPT FOR 2018/2019.
The Precept Actual v Budget Report for 2018/19 was reviewed. Actual spending was in line with the
Precept/Budget .
1621. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques numbered 1513 /1515 totalling £1,084.31 were approved and signed.
1622. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
1623. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC.
No members of the public were present.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.19 pm.

 
Signed Chairman…………………………………… 8th May 2018

Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *