Council Minutes May 2017

Minutes of the meeting of the Coychurch Lower Community Council, held at the Council Meeting Room on Tuesday the 9th May 2017 at 7.34 pm.

Present. Acting Chairman, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Miss Deryn Martin, Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Philip Davies, Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam and the Clerk Paul Smith. .
1451. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Miss, Jayne Brace.
1452. MINUTES.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 11th April 2017 copies having previously been circulated were amended has agreed then approved and signed by the Chairman.

1453.DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE AND CODE OF CONDUCT.
All Councillors present signed their Declarations of Office and Code of Conduct in the presence of the Clerk.
1454. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL OR PREJUDICAL INTEREST.
Cllr. Miss Penelope Gwilliam declared an interest in respect of discussion of a planning application of Ward Jones she had a relative who worked there. See Planning on the Agenda.
1455. CLERKS REPORT.
• BCBC’s ROW department has now provided an invoice for planned work /repairs on the current snag list. Cost £200. See Footpaths main Agenda.
• The One Voice Wales Bridgend/Cardiff & Vale Area committee meeting held on Monday 24th April was attended by Cllr. Deryn Martin .
• Refuse and recycling. Kier the company contracted to collect refuse and recycling failed to collect from houses on Main Road. Despite many phone calls and emails from myself and residents who were affected it still took three days before the refuse/recycling was collected.
• Precept of £15,630 received from BCBC.
• Purchase of new bench to be progressed as agreed in the Precept.
• The notice of Appointment for Exercise of Electors Rights was posted on notice boards and website on 30th April 2017.
• Internal Audit has been completed and audit report received. To be discussed under Annual Return.
• There will be a General Election on Thursday 8th June. The Williams Memorial hall is required as a Polling Station.
• Correspondence between, Luke Midgely who previously did a presentation to the Community Council on a conservation project for Coychurch, Cllr. Evans and the Clerk to arrange a meeting with Luke to progress the initiative.
• Letter received from Llangan Community Council asking for a meeting with the Council to discuss the Ward Jones planning application, Letter circulated to all. Clerk replied saying the Community Council will arrange a meeting after the AGM/Council meeting on the 9th May. See planning on Agenda.
• The Clerk wrote to BCBC’s Highways department asking them to repair the large pothole in Brynffrwd Close.
• PCSO Meurig Coleman emailed to notify the Council that with effect from the 8th May 2017 he will be leaving the Pencoed/Coychurch area to work in Bridgend. The Clerk replied thanking him for his efforts and wishing him well for the future.
• General and employers liability insurance has been renewed with Zurich Municipal.
• A “New Councillor Induction” training course will be held on Wednesday 24th May 2017 Carnegie House Wyndham Street Bridgend. CF31 1EF at 6.30pm.Cllr Davies and Cllr Martin indicated that they will attend the training course. The Clerk will book the course subject to places still being available,
• Following complaints from several residents the Clerk wrote to BCBC’s Highways department to report the large and numerous potholes on the B4181 between the railway bridge by Singletons and the entrance to Coychurch village. The road is now in a dangerous condition.
• Email received from Gareth Jones notifying the Council that the residents of Tyn-y Caeau Lane have had a positive response from BCBC who have inspected the lane, and conclude that it should be signed either end as unsuitable for HGVs. Having said that, they state that they don’t have any funds to be able to do this at the moment, and what’s more, they cannot forecast when they will!
• Email received from Gareth Jones highlighting the fact that HGVs – in fact vehicles over 7.5t- are barred from entering the village, and there are red circled signs to that effect on the west end and at the turn off point on the dual carriageway on the eastern side. He suggests that a new signs are put up including the words” Except for Access.” He also asked if the Community Council may consider funding the additional signage, and if so, perhaps the same consideration can apply to T y C Lane requirements. It was agreed that the Clerk should write to Mr. Jones informing him that the Council do not have funds available to assist in his request. These signs should be purchased and installed by BCBC. It was also agreed that the Clerk should write to BCBC asking them to replace the signs at the west and east entrances to the village with signs including “Except for Access”
• Email received from Gareth Jones advising the Council that the grass growth at the junction of T y C Lane and the Coity/ Coychurch road is so high as to obscure drivers’ vision of traffic from the Coity direction when turning left out of the lane. He stressed that this was a safety hazard and requested this should be actioned on that basis. He advised that he requested a reference number when reporting this to BCBC but this could not be given. He believed that this may be due to the fact that it was reported by “a passerby” rather than by someone giving a name, postcode, address and phone number. It was agreed that the Clerk should check the area concerned and then write to BCBC asking them cu the grass down as a matter of urgency.
1456. POLICE.
PCSO Meurig Coleman emailed to notify the Council that with effect from the 8th May 2017 he will be leaving the Pencoed/Coychurch area to work in Bridgend. The Clerk replied thanking him for his efforts and wishing him well for the future. At the time of the meeting April’s Police report was not available. The Clerk reported he has contacted PCSO Sam Dance to see if she can obtain and forward April’s report.
1457. PLANNING MATTERS.
The Planning Sub Committee scheduled for Friday 5th May was cancelled due to the elections. Planning matters were conducted as follows .Cllr Miss Penelope Gwilliam who had previously declared an interest in respect of the Ward Jones application took no part in the discussions relating to this application.
Applications.
P/17/301/FUL . New vehicular access from Western Avenue to Plot G7on BIE Applicant Zurich Insurance Date 24th April 2017
Comments.
No objections or comments.l
Permissions.
P/16/1026//RES. Reserved matters relating to P/13/579/OUT (3 Detached Dwellings)at Waterton Lane Waterton. Conditional consent.
Refused.
A/17/5/ADV. Pinetree Cars sign on boundary post and rail fence between Cherry Laurel and A473 Bridgend Industrial Estate. The Community Council had objected to this application since its location and size was considered a serious distraction for drivers
Other.
Reference the Ward Jones application to amend conditions.
1. The Clerk wrote to BCBC’s planning department to asking them to fully monitor and enforce all conditions in Ward Jones existing and planned applications. Copy to Llangan Paula Wilson.
2. BCBC replied with a detailed response highlighting the actions they had taken in this respect. Copy to Llangan and Paula Wilson
3. Llangan Comunity Council wrote to the Council requesting a meeting to present their case again in respect of Ward Jones.
4. Letter to Llangan agreeing to a meeting with them and some Treoes residents following May’s council meeting.
5. Ward Jones has now withdrawn their application to amend conditions 1 and 5.
It was agreed the Clerk should contact Llangan Community Council and Pula Wilson to arrange a meeting at 6pm on the day of the next Council meeting 13th June or if not possible to get them to suggest an alternative date(s).
1458. TO DISCUSS ANY ROAD SAFETY ISSUES.
There was no business under this heading.
1459. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING FOOTPATHS/RIGHT OF WAYS.
The Clerk had contacted Andrew Mason ROW manager for BCBC requesting an update on the progress made on outstanding items on the Snag List but so far no reply had been received. The invoice for £200 for the purchase of Way markers has been received and paid.
1460. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH
Borough Cllr. Dr. Mrs. Elaine Venables was not in attendance. There was no business under this
heading.
1461. TO CONSIDER DONATIONS TO BE MADE BY THE COUNCIL
There was no business under this heading
1462. TO APPROVE THE ANNUAL RETURN FOR YEAR ENDING 31st MARCH 2017.
The Annual Return was reviewed by Council members and signed by the Chairman. A copy of the Internal Auditors report was circulated for the information of Council members. It was also agreed that the Actual v Precept/Budget report is from now on presented on a monthly basis.
1463. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques numbered 1475 /1478 totalling £991.78 were approved and signed.
1464. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Litter /dog waste bins. It was discussed and agreed that more litter/dog waste bins were needed particularly on the Bryn. It was agreed to check with BCBC to see if one of the bins in the play park can be moved to another location and to monitor how full the bins outside of the Williams Hall get on a weekly basis to see if one of these could also be relocated. Also to contact Borough Cllr. Dr. Elaine Venables to confirm as was mentioned in her last report her intention to get extra litter/dog waste bins for the village. The Clerk will contact BCBC and Cllr Venables to progress these options.
Cllr. Evans reported the condition of the play park was in a poor condition. Cllr. Davies reported that the wire mess around the kick about area has been damaged again. The Clerk advised that the wire mesh was the Community Councils responsibility but all other equipment and grounds was BCBC’s responsibility. It was agreed the Clerk will check the play park and progress repairs on the wire mesh fencing.
Cllr. Davies reported that several properties in the village had overgrowing vegetation which is obstructing public pathways. People with push chairs were in some cases having to step out into the road to get past the overgrowth. It was agreed that the Clerk should highlight this problem when he sends his monthly report to the Chronicle asking all residents to check to see if there is overgrowth coming from their properties and if so to cut it back so it is not obstructing the pavement. It is illegal to obstruct pavements. It was also agreed that Council members will go round the village identifying properties where overgrowing vegetation is obstructing the payment with the view to taking further action if properties continue to offend,
1465. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC.
There were no members of the public present.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.01pm.

Signed Chairman…………………………………… 13th June 2017

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.