Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 11th November 2018 at 8.10 pm.
PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam, Cllr Robert Hyde, Cllr. Mark Evans and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace work commitment, Cllr. Philip Davies previous commitment and Cllr. Richard Smith work commitment.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13th November 2018 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. Website. The Contract with Art by Design for the development and maintenance of a new website has been received and the required advance payment £150 has been paid. ITCS has been given the 90 day notice period effective from 1st December. It was agreed that the Clerk should formally accept the contract/quote. It is anticipated that the initial design of the front page of the website will be available by the end of the week.
2. To discuss holding a concert/entertainment on the 2nd March 2019. The Artist will be Andy Wilshire Sings. The cost is £800 pounds. A 100 tickets are to be sold at £15 per ticket (plate of food included). Chairman will check with the Prison of the cost of printing the tickets. Contract to be signed with a deposit to be paid of £300 asap.
3. A section of the lighting circuit in the Hall has developed a fault. It was caused by a faulty external security light in the yard at the rear of the Hall. A new light has been purchased.
4. A new Kettle has been purchased. The old one was damaged. Cost £23.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS. The Chairman reported that as agreed at the last meeting she and Cllr Davies will be meeting with Connor James of Age Cymru on Tuesday 18th December at 3.30pm to discuss and prepare a detailed proposal/contract for establishing a partnership to apply for a Lottery grant to refurbish the Hall. It is anticipated that three meetings will be needed before the proposal/contract can be presented to the Committee.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£1,820.12 as per the attached schedule numbers 1848/1857.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.30 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………8th January 2019