Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 8.20 pm.
PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Kenneth. Smith, Cllr. Richard Smith and the Clerk Paul Smith
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Philip Davies and Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13thth March 2018 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Survey forms returned from 5 individuals and 9 regular user groups. These need to be analyzed and a summary report produced. There are four common suggestions, these are disabled toilets, a new kitchen area with more storage, additional storage elsewhere on the premises and to retain the stage area as it is with under stage storage.
• The ABBA tribute Band concert will now be held on Saturday 21st April. Tickets to be retained by purchasers unless they cannot attend on the rescheduled date when a refund will be given. New License obtained.
• The patio area at the front of the hall has been chemically treated, sprayed and grouted. The new planters are in place and plants have been purchased. To be discussed.
• Cllr Evans Cllr. Nash and the Clerk are to attend a BAVO organized event with Big Lottery staff arranged for local charities throughout Bridgend County Borough to discuss funding . Tuesday 1 May 2018 at Trinity Church, John Street, Porthcawl, CF36 3DT time 10.30oam.
• Richard Saunders phoned the Clerk to advise that he is working away at the moment but will be able to meet with the Trustees at the beginning of the last week in April.. His secretary will confirm the date and time which will most likely be in the morning.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS. Cllr. Evans raised the issue of entering into a maintenance contract with a property maintenance company such as PBM. After considerable discussion no decision was taken other than to ask PBM what such a contract will cost.
5. TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT.
The RFO presented the Finance Report and Yearend Accounts as at the 31st March 2018. He reported that the Income for this year was £17,852.99 and Expenditure £20,602.66. A loss of £2,749.67. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £13,894.83.
The Accounts were confirmed and the Chairman signed the Statement of the Accounts and confirmed the bank balances. The RFO also presented an Expense Analysis comparing 2017 expenditure with that of 2016.
6, TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £2,126.20 as per the attached schedule numbers 1789/97.
7 . ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45 pm
Signed Chairman………………………………………8th May 2018