Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council Meeting Room on Tuesday 14th February 2017 at 8. 44 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. K. Smith,, Cllr. Miss. Jayne Brace, Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises received from Cllr Bruce Nash, Cllr. Miss Deryn Martin and Cllr. Gareth Jones. The Chairman and Trustees held a minute’s silent prayer in remembrance of our long time colleague and friend Cllr. John Brice-Richards who recently passed away.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th January 2017, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Reference the refurbishment of the hall Cllr. Evans and the Clerk met on Monday 6th February with Richard Davies an Architect known to Cllr. Evans to review options for a possible rear extension to include a disabled toilet and additional storage. It was suggested that a disabled toilet may be built by reconfiguring the Gents and Ladies toilet area to provide additional space. Mr. Davies agreed to look at how this may be progressed. Cllr. Evans advised she will be meeting with Mr. Davies on Thursday.
• Blinds main hall. The Clerk obtained a quotation from Solar Blinds cost fitted £653 plus VAT. Also a quotation from Glamorline cost fitted £691 plus VAT. It was agreed that having dealt with Solar Blinds before and the fact they are a local company the business should be given to them.
• The Clerk purchased floor mats for the Gents and OBR toilets.
• The light fittings in the Ladies toilet need replacing. A basic light will cost £15 total £50 plus fitting. This was agreed.
• An external double power socket and external secure defibrillator cabinet to be purchased. The existing defibrillator in the kitchen is to be relocated for general public access. Total cost approximately £600 including electrics. Cabinet to be purchased first then electrics completed. It was agreed the Clerk should go ahead and purchase the cabinet.
• The Clerk reported that the existing photocopier/printer is now 5 years old and out of contract. The clerk further advised that we will have to pay for any future repairs. The Clerk discussed the options available with Clarity Copiers. A new photocopier /printer on a similar contract will be £30 a month plus VAT. The HP Office Jet printer is an expensive option due to the cost of cartridges and print volumes. It was suggested and agreed that the Clerk should investigate the cost of a basic laser printer and report back at the next meeting.
• The hard drive on the old PC has crashed and is no longer usable. It was agreed that the Clerk should dispose of the computer.
• The three circular metal flower containers outside the front of the hall have been replaced,
• BCBC wrote concerning the use of the OBR room for the forthcoming Borough and Town and Community Council elections on Thursday 4th May. The Clerk completed and returned the forms to confirm availability.
• BCBC Adult Education is holding basic IT/computer training courses on Wednesday mornings 9.30am to 12pm up to and including 8th March 2017.
• The Clerk advised that more bank signatories are required. Cllrs. Miss Jayne Brace and Mrs. Helen Evans agreed to be signatories.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.
See 1. above.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £817.19 as per the attached schedule numbered 1675/1681
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. Helen Evans asked why the Trustees do not allow Bouncy Castles in the Hall for parties. The Clerk explained that previously damage was done to the floor when setting up and removing Bouncy Castles. Also some children had sustained minor injuries. Therefore for safety reasons the Trustees decided to introduce the ban.
Cllr. Mrs. Evans also suggested that the Trustees should create a Face Book page for the Hall. After some debate it was decided that Cllr. Evans should get more detailed information and present it at the next meeting.
Meeting Closed at 9.22 pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………14th March 2017