Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council Meeting Room on Tuesday 10th January 2017 at 8.50 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. B. Nash,. Cllr. Miss D. Martin, Cllr. Gareth Jones, Cllr. Mrs H. Evans and the Clerk P. Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. J. Brice-Richards,
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13th December 2016, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Reference the refurbishment of the hall Cllrs. Nash, Martin, Evans and the Clerk meet in the hall to review options for a possible rear extension to include a disabled toilet and additional storage. After some discussion it was agreed Cllr. Evans would arrange for an architect to come and suggest exactly is practical in this respect. Cllr Evans confirmed that she has discussed with the person concerned and will contact the Clerk to arrange a date and time to meet at the hall.
• Blinds main hall. The Clerk obtained a quotation from Solar Blinds cost fitted £653 plus VAT. Costing still awaited from Blinds Express. Cllr. Evans advised she knows of a company supplying blinds and will email details to the Clerk
• Gents toilet floor lifting. Rubber mats to be purchased as a temporary fix.
• The light fittings in the Ladies toilet a need replacing. Clerk to source replacements and advise on the cost.
• External power double socket and external secure defibrillator cabinet to be purchased. Existing defibrillator in the kitchen to be relocated for general public access. Total cost approximately £550. This was discussed and agreed.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.
5. TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT.
The RFO presented the Finance Report as at the 31st December 2016. He reported that the Income for this year was £14,503,81 and Expenditure £15140.18. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £16,045.12. Income and expenditure are in line with the Trustees break even policy. However expenditure does include new fittings and furnishings bought for the hall.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £852.10 as per the attached schedule numbered 1668/1674.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. Nash suggested the Trustees organize another fund raising event.. This was agreed. Several options were discussed including a Tamla Motown concert , a horse racing night, a singer and events to involve the younger age groups in the village. The Clerk advised that the Trustees agreed with the Williams family that we would hold no more than 4 licensed events a year. Other events can be held but not with alcohol for sale. After some discussion it was agreed that we should organize a Tamla Motown concert.
Meeting Closed at 9.28pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………14th February 2017