Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 13th March 2018 at 8.05 pm.
PRESENT. Acting Chairman Cllr. Ken. Smith, Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam, Cllr. Philip Davies, Cllr. Richard Smith and the Clerk Paul Smith. Miss Sarah Lawton was also present (part meeting).
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans and Cllr. Bruce Nash.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 13thth February 2018 and Friday 9th February 2018, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Survey forms have been returned to the Clerk from 5 individuals and 9 regular user groups. As Cllr Evans is also dealing with the Survey Forms it was agreed that we should wait to see if any other forms were with her before analyzing and consolidating the information..
• The ABBA tribute Band concert which was to be held on 3rd March 2018 had to be postponed due to the weather. The concert will now be held on Saturday 21st April. Tickets to be retained by purchasers unless they cannot attend on the rescheduled date when a refund will be given.
• Reference the practicalities and possibilities of holding a Summer School in the village in August 2018 a meeting has been arranged for Monday 19th March at Coychurch Primary school. Leanne Rowlands of Action for Life will meet with Mrs Sue Hurry Head Teacher of Coychurch Primary, Cllr. Gwilliam and the Clerk.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.
Richard Saunders has completed and forwarded the Survey Report. A Copy has been sent to all Trustees. Unfortunately due to a mix up on times Richard was not able to attendt March’s meeting. However he did meet with the Clerk and took the plans for the hall to try to get a Cad/Cam copy from the original Architects with a view to drawing a plan and a costing for a covered storage area in the yard. It was agreed the Clerk should arrange another meeting with him at the earliest opportunity.
It was also agreed that the Clerk should contact Helen Embling to ask her to meet to discuss and review the existing information and costings so as to start planning for the grant application.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £1,396.61 as per the attached schedule numbers 1780/88.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Miss Sarah Lawton was present and expressed her frustration and that of Miss Deryn Martin over the three years the Trustees have already taken in preparing to apply for a grant to renovate the Hall. Given these frustrations they have both decided that they will no longer be able to give their support to the concerts/functions held in the Hall. They will assist at the Abba Concert on the 21st April but this will be their last event.
The Chairman thanked them both for the support they have given to the Hall over the last few years.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.40 pm
Signed Chairman………………………………………10th April 2018