Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council Meeting Room on Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 9.03 pm.
Present. Acting Chairman Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Miss. Deryn Martin , Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Philip Davies, Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 11th April 2017, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• Reference the refurbishment of the hall. Mr. Davies the architect still has to arrange to visit the hall. Cllr Evans advised that Mr. Davies is recovering and it is hoped he may be able to visit in the next few weeks.
• The light fittings in the Ladies toilet have been replaced. One light fitting was donated by Cllr. Nash. Two others were purchased by the Clerk. Cost £20 each.
• The Hall’s waste collection company has been changed by BCBC. The new company is Kier. New contract has been signed.
• The Defibrillator cabinet has been received and installed. The access code has been registered for general public access by phone. Following some discussion it was agreed that the Clerk should contact Huw Jakeway to ask for his assistance to arrange to carry out a test by phoning 999 and confirming the correct code is provided, to ask him if he knows of any first responders in the village and if he can assist in organizing CPR and defibrillator training. It was agreed the code will be displayed in the Hall to give users of the hall immediate access.
• The Hall will be required for use as a Polling Station for the General Election on the 8th June 2017.
• Desk to be purchased to replace the old damaged desk. It was agreed the Clerk can go ahead and purchase a new desk.
• Window cleaning now being done by a window cleaning contractor. Monthly cost £23.50.
• Bank signatories to be progressed. Everyone present agreed to be a signatory if necessary. The Clerk confirmed it is himself plus two other signatories to authorize cheques.
• £8 received from Cllr. Nash. Late payment for the last concert. The Clerk will pay this in when he next banks.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £791.85 as per the attached schedule numbered 1696/1703.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. Miss Penelope Gwilliam asked if there were any evenings free in the week to start up a Youth Club. The Clerk advised the only possibility is after the Tae Kwon Do class on Fridays nights which ends at 8pm. The Clerk agreed to help Cllr. Gwilliam to see if the it was possible to set up and run a Youth Club immediately after the Tae Kwon Do class.
Cllr. Evans advised that PBM Building contractors provide a cost effective drain cleaning/clearing service.
Meeting Closed at 9.33pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………9th May 2017