Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees of the Williams Memorial Hall
held at the Council Meeting Room Williams Memorial Hall on
Tuesday 8th May 2018 at 8. 54pm
PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans , Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Kenneth. Smith, Cllr. Miss. Penelope Gwilliam, Cllr. Richard Smith and the Clerk Paul Smith
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. Philip Davies and Cllr. Richard Smith.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th April 2018 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
3. TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
• The ABBA tribute Band concert was a great success. A good night was had by all who attended and the event made a profit of £900.
• The planters on the patio area at the front of the hall have now been filled with plants and flowers. The Chairman thanked Cllr. Nash and the Gardening Society for the time and effort they put in to maintaining the flowerbeds in the village.
• Cllr Evans, Cllr. Nash and the Clerk recently attended a BAVO organized event with Big Lottery staff arranged for local charities hroughout Bridgend County Borough to discuss funding. See Agenda item 4.
• The VAT refund sor 2017/18 has been completed and sent to HM Custom & Excise.
• The Waste collection contract is now with Veolia.
• Problem with digital lock and one of the fire doors has been repaired by PBM.
• The GDPR will also apply to charities so the Hall will have to be registered with the ICO. No DPO is required.
4. TO DISCUSS THE GRANT APPLICATION AND WORKS. Cllr. Helen Evans, reported that following discussions with Inge Deane of the Big Lottery it was explained that the Trustees can submit an application for funding based on an estimated project cost say £200,00 and then apply for a development Grant of up to 10% of the project cost. This can be used to pay for architects fees drain surveys etc. However the Trustees will need to make a presentation with the application demonstrating how they have engaged with the different groups association and bodies within the community. It was agreed that a fund raising project team should be started including a cross section of the community.
Richard Saunders forwarded a comprehensive action list regarding the next steps to be taken by the Trustees and giving details of the contacts to carry out the necessary surveys and architect plans. The Trustees again asked the Clerk to thank Richard for the time and effort he has given to the project and for his continuing support.
5. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled £1,044.33 as per the attached schedule numbers 1798/1805.
6 . ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. Penelope Gwilliam asked if a cupboard was available to store the Tuck Shop goodies for the Coychurch Youth Club. The Clerk will look to release a cupboard in the kitchen thought a lock would be needed., Alternatively the Youth Club could purchase a small lockable cupboard and keep on the stage.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.24pm
Signed Chairman………………………………………12th June 2018