Council Minutes Dec 2017

Minutes of the meeting of the Coychurch Lower Community Council held at the Council Meeting Room on Tuesday the 12th December 2017 at 7.15 pm.

PRESENT. Chairman Cllr. Miss Jayne Brace, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans, Cllr. Kenneth Smith, Cllr. Bruce Nash, Cllr. Philip Davies, Cllr. Miss Penelope Gwilliam and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1541. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
There were no apologies for absence.
1542. MINUTES.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th November 2017 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman. There were no matters arising.
1543. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL PREJUDICAL OR FINANCIAL INTEREST.
There were no declarations of interest.
1544. CLERKS REPORT.
1. John Hanmer has now installed the new bench at the Bryn. 2. A presentation will be held by the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission for Wales to discuss the electoral arrangements for Bridgend at BCBC’s Civic Offices Angel Street Bridgend on the 9th January at 5.30pm. Councils have been requested to send a representative to the presentation. Unfortunately this is the night of January’s Council meeting.
3. The Clerk attended a consultation meeting organised by OVW on Tuesday 5th December at the Miners Welfare Hall Pencoed. This was to get input from Town and Community Council’s concerning a review of the Town and Community Council sector.
4. The Community Christmas Carol Service will take place on the 21st December 2017 at St Crallo’s Church starting at, 6pm. The Vice-Chairman Cllr. Mrs. Helen Evans will attend and do the Welcome Address and 1st Reading.
5. Cllr. Gwilliam previously reported that a Community Punishment scheme was
available to assist with work in the Community. It was agreed that a presentation to
the Council should be arranged by Cllr. Gwilliam. This will be in the New Year.
6. The Clerk will again check the street sign in Brynffrwd Close which was reported
by Cllr. Bruce Nash as requiring replacement.
7. Letter received from the Chair of Bridgend Coalition of Disabled People, notifying
the Council of a petition to introduce “Access Certificates” displaying the quality of
service provided for disabled people.
8. Request for a copy of the latest Electoral Register to be progressed by the Clerk.
9. The Clerk wrote to the Estate Manager of Bridgend Industrial Estate bringing to his
attention the problem of illegal and obstructive parking affecting many parts of the
estate, particularly on David Street. No response to date.
10. Letter written to BCBC Highways reference the pothole problems on Bryn Road.
No response to date.
11. Letter written to BCBC Highways reference the water logged condition of Coychurch playing field at the entrance by Park View. No response to date.
12. Notification received from Coychurch Crematorium Joint Committee that “A Christmas Service” will be held at the Crematorium on Thursday 14th December 2017 at 7pm. All are welcome.
13. Notification of the vacancy on the Council was duly advertised and applications can be submitted up to the 21st December 2017.
14. Email received from Mr. Gareth Jones reference HCVs passing through Tyn-y-Caeau Lane. Mr. Jones wanted to clarify that he did not ask for a ban on HGVs but did ask for the putting up of three “Unsuitable for HGVs” advisory signs.
15. Cllr. Davies and the Clerk met with PCSO Sam Dance to discuss some road safety issues raised at the last meeting. See Road Safety Issues.
16. Cllr. Davies, the Clerk and Mr. Gareth Jones walked footpath No13 with Alex Carey of BCBC’s ROW department. See Footpaths.
17. The Christmas lights have been installed at the triangle on the village by Moss Technical.
1545. TO NOMINATE A REPRESENTATIVE FOR ONE VOICE WALES
Cllr .Philip Davies will be the Council’s representative for One Voice Wales.
1546. POLICE. The Police report for November 2017 which was forwarded by PCSO Sam Dance and was presented by the Clerk.

1547. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING PLANNING.
There was no planning meeting on Friday the 8th December 2017. Cllr Ken Smith reported
the following planning matters.
Applications.
P/17/755/FUL. TDW Distribution LTd Moor Road WIE. Proposed canopy structure.
P/17/916/FUL. Mr. R. Toghill Waterton Close Waterton. Breakfast room extension to rear.
P/17/913/FUL. Ford Bridgend Engine Plant WIE-surface water storage lagoon.
Objections
Nil.
Comments
P/17/755/FUL. TDW Distribution Ltd .The Community Council has already commented on this application through Have Your Say.
Permissions.
P/17/813/FUL. Mr. Rawnsley, Brodawel Farm Coychurch. Stable block and store room.
Refused.
Nil.
Other
1. Planning Law in Wales – Consultation Paper copy to all.
2. Reference P/17/890/FUL –TBD UK – Retrospective application for temporary Tent storage a letter was sent to Langan CC advising them that we commented to BCBC that ” restrictions should be put in place to ensure that the residents of Treoes are not affected by noise from any associated work on the site”.
1548. TO DISCUSS ANY ROAD SAFETY ISSUES.
Cllr. Philip Davies and the Clerk met with PCSO Sam Dance to discuss some road safety
Issues.
1. Cars are regularly parking by the narrowing on Main Road immediately after the
junction with Bryn Road. These vehicles are causing an obstruction and could be the cause
of an accident. PSCO Sam Dance knows the people concerned and the vehicle(s) are
owned by carers visiting one of the properties by the narrowing. She agreed that she would
speak to those concerned to ask them to park away from the narrowing.
2. Vehicles are illegally parking on many areas of the Bridgend Industrial Estate. This is a
particular problem on David Street where vehicles park on both sides of the pavement,
obstructing both passing vehicles and pedestrians. PCSO Sam Dance agreed she would
visit David Street and talk to those business owners whose staff/visitors are parking
illegally.
3. PCSO Sam Dance recently advised that she has spoken to the people parking by the
narrowing on Main Road asking them to park elsewhere. Hopefully the situation will
improve. She further advised that she will visit David Street in the coming week to follow
up on the issue of illegal parking.
1549 .TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING FOOTPATHS/RIGHT OF WAYS.
Cllr. Davies, the Clerk and Mr. Gareth Jones walked footpathsNo.12 and No.13 with Alex
Carey of BCBC’s ROW department
1.During the walk locations for new and replacement signage were identified. Also the locations for replacement/repair of two damage gates Alex Carey recorded the details and will arrange for BCBC’s ROW to action them as soon as possible.
2.The issue of the original footpath to the South of the outbuildings at Ceod-y-Mwstwr Isaf Farm was discussed. The footpath is currently not in use and is blocked at the entrance to the Golf Course. An informal diversion to the North of the outbuildings is currently in use but this causes confusion when trying to cross the Golf Course to continue on footpath 13. Alex Carey explained BCBC are currently in discussions with the landowner to reopen the footpath but this was currently not a priority issue for BCBC. It was suggested that the Community Council should write to BCBC’s ROW to ask them either to reopen the blocked footpath along its original track or formally divert the footpath to the North of the outbuildings which is the track currently used. It was agreed that the Council should write to BCBC in this respect.
3.Alex Carey also advised that the planned diversion(s) of footpath 13 and 16 is expected to be completed by January/February at the latest. Contractors are expected to start the work next week.
1550. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH
Borough Cllr. Venables was not in attendance. It was agreed that the Council should apply to the
Community fund administered by Cllr. Venables for the cost of repairing the wire fencing around
the kick about area in the Play Ground.
1551. TO CONSIDER DONATIONS TO BE MADE BY THE COUNCIL.
There was no business under this heading.
1552. TO DISCUSS THE PRECEPT FOR 2017/2018.
The Precept for 2017/18 was reviewed. Christmas Lights have now been purchased for the area around the triangle. Cost was £1,150 plus VAT. This is a slight over spend on the cost allocated in the Precept. Other items still having funds still to be spent are gardening and flowers £400 and footpaths £200. It was agreed that some new planters should be purchased for the front of the WMH and the old ones removed.
1553. TO DISCUSS AND FINALIZE THE PRECEPT FOR 2018/2019.
The Precept for 2018/19 of £17,540 was reviewed, proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed.
1554. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques numbered 1501 /1504 totalling £2,047.80 were approved and signed.
1555. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
A card was received from Mr. & Mrs. Roberts of Gwyneddfa thanking and congratulating the Council for the new Christmas Lights on the trees at the Triangle. Other residents have also made positive comments about the lights.
Cllr. Davies reported that he had noticed traffic backing up at Waterton Roundabout and wondered if the light sequence had been altered. It was agreed the Clerk should write to BCBC’s Highways department to confirm whether or not the sequence has been changed and if so why?
Street lights were reported out along Horsfair Road, on the Bryn from Meadow Close and at the entrance to the Court. The Clerk will contact BCBC’s Street Lighting department to report the faulty street lights.
It was reported by Cllr. Nash that he had been contacted by some members of the public expressing serious concerns about two Alsatians running off their leads around Moor Farm/Treoes Common and were intimidating members of the public. Although this is not a matter for the Community Council to deal with Cllr. Nash wanted to make residents aware of the situation.
1556. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC.
There were no members of the public present.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.08pm.

Signed Chairman…………………………………… 9th January 2018

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.