Minutes of the meeting of the Coychurch Lower Community Council, held at the
Council Meeting Room on Tuesday the 11th January 2011 at 7.15 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. K. Smith, Vice-Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables , Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, the Clerk P. Smith and the Deputy Clerk C. Mogg.
471. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Miss J. Brace and Borough Councillor P. Evans.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th December 2010 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
473 CLERKS REPORT.
1) The Grit Spreader has now been delivered.
2) Three quotations obtained for purchase of a new 1.5 yard sewn woven Union Jack flag. Cheapest quote is £39 plus Vat. It was agreed that the Clerk should purchase a new flag.
3) The Grit Bins have all been unlocked and will remain unlocked, though it is stressed that the grit is for public not private use. BCBC have been regularly refilling the bins during bad weather.
4) The Clerk received a copy of the Bridgend LDP Revised Delivery Agreement from BCBC. Copy with Clerk.
5) Letter received from One Voice Wales advising that the next meeting of the Bridgend/Vale/Cardiff Area Committee will be held at 7.00pm on Monday 24th January 2011 at the Cowbridge Leisure Centre. Cllr. Carrington to attend.
6) Email received from Sue Hurry Head Teacher Coychurch (Llangrallo) Primary School advising that the collection at the Community Christmas Carol Service raised £201 for Ty Hafan.
7) The Planning Training course organised by Planning Aid will now be held at Penarth Paget Rooms Victoria Road Penarth CF64 3EG on Thursday 20th January commencing 6.30pm prompt.
8) Letter received from BCBC Corporate Development and Partnerships advising that at the last meeting of the Town &Community Council Forum it was agreed that the County Borough Bulletin will include information about the roles of Town &b Community Councils. Councils are requested to submit information about the three main functions it undertakes.
9) It was agree that a donation of £150 should be made to the Pencoed Silver Band for their contribution/performance at the Community Christmas Carol Service, Clerk to action
10) The problem of dog fouling is increasing again. It was particularly noticeable in the wintery conditions. Residents in St Marys view have contacted the Clerk about this problem. It was agreed the Clerk should once again highlight the problem and consequences associated with dog fouling in the Coychurch Chronicle and on Council notice boards.
474. POLICE MATTERS.
PC Paul Harward attended the meeting as PCSO Adam Whomes was on a rest day.
PC Harward apologised for the fact that PC Whomes had not been in contact with the Council before but assured them that PC Whomes will be in contact shortly and is now responsible for the policing of Coychurch. PC Harward presented the police reports for November and December 2010.The reports will be separately displayed on Council notice boards. The Chairman thanked PC Harward for attending the meeting.
475. PLANNING MATTERS.
The Planning Sub Committee met on Tuesday 10th January 2011. Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting were circulated to all Council members. The Minutes will be separately posted on the Notice Board and Website.
476. TO RECEIVE A REPORT ON THE COMMUNITY ACCESS SCHEME.
A preliminary meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday the 19th January 2011 at 7pm in the Williams Memorial Hall. The Clerk advised that he had contacted those residents who indicated an interest in being directly involved with the development of the Community Access Plan to inform them of the meeting.. The Clerk had also contacted Mr. Opuku-Addo CAP project manager at BCBC to notify him of the meeting. He has agreed to attend the meeting. Sue Hurry Head Teacher of Coychurch (Llangrallo) Primary School or a deputy will also attend the meeting.
477. MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH
There was no business under this heading.
478. TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT
The RFO reported that, as at 31.12.10, the income for the year was £11,802.17 with expenditure of £10,010.22 with excess income of £1,792.05. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £5,129.83
479. TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques totalling, £901.48 were approved and signed numbered 1231/1233.
480. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Three separate cases of fly tipping have been reported in the village. Residents are asked to be vigilant and immediately report any incidents of fly tipping of any kind.
481 MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC
There were no members of the public in attendance.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.10pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………8th February 2011