Minutes of the meeting of the Coychurch Lower Community Council, held at the
Council Meeting Room on Tuesday the 12th July 2011 at 7.15 pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington Vice-Chairman Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables. Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. Bruce Nash. the Clerk P. Smith and the Deputy Clerk C. Mogg.
538. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
There were no apologises for absence.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th June 2011 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
540. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICAL INTEREST.
None were received.
541. CLERKS REPORT.
1) Letter received from Chris Higginson of BCBC Parks department advising that all adopted playgrounds are maintained inspected and serviced by their mobile in house fitters. The play areas are inspected by BCBC staff weekly as well as by independent playground inspectors. He further advised that BCBC recommend Werra 8-6-8 fencing as a replacement for the damage fencing in the kick about area and estimates the cost of replacement at £6,000.Following discussions it was agreed that the existing fencing would be retained and repairs made as and when required.
2) The Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington attended the Mayor of Bridgend’s Civic Service held in St Mary’s Church Nolton Merthyr Road on Sunday 3rd July at 3.00pm.
3) The Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington attended the Mayor of Porthcawl’s Civic Service held in All Saints Church Victoria Avenue Porthcawl on Sunday 26th June at 3.00pm.
4) The Clerk forwarded the letter received from Mrs Bowden 3, Manor Drive complaining about the condition of the road leading to Waterton village to BCBC Highways department for action.
5) The next meeting of the Town and Community Council Forum will be held on Tuesday 9th August 2011 at BCBC’s offices in Angel Street Bridgend. Cllr. Nash to attend. Clerk to confirm time is 4pm.
6) The Clerk attended the Bridgend Local Development Plan Stakeholders Forum held at BCBC’s Civic Offices on Friday 1st July 2011.The Clerk briefed the Council on some of the key issued discussed.
7) The Clerk received a copy of the Annual Report 2010/2011of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. Copy with Clerk.
8) The Clerk attended the Regional Clerks Conference held at Llandrindod Wells on Tuesday28th of June. 2011. The Clerk briefed the Council on some of the main issues raised at the conference.
9) Letter received from One Voice Wales advising that their AGM of the Bridgend/Vale/Cardiff Area will be held at 7.00pm on Monday 25th July2011 at the Lesser Town Hall Cowbridge. The Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington to attend.
10) An invitation received from the Mayor of Maesteg Town Council for the Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington and Consort to attend a Civic Service to be held at Duffryn Chapel, Duffryn Road Caerau Maesteg on Sunday 24th July 2011 at 2.30pm. Chairman to attend. Clerk to action.
11) The Clerk contacted BCBC reference the weeds growing on many of the pavements and kerbsides in the village and requesting immediate spraying of the affected areas. This has been done but further treatment is needed. Clerk to action.
12) The Clerk reported some blocked drains on Main Road to BCBC for unblocking/cleaning. BCBC have carried out the work.
13) The Clerk has organized and purchased replacement “No Dogs Allowed” signs for those vandalised outside the entrances to the play park.
14) Invitation received from the Mayor of Bridgend for the Chairman and Consort to attend the Civic Service to be held in St David’s Church Bettws on Sunday 31st July at 3.00pm.Chairman to attend. Clerk to action.
15) Letter received from BCBC inviting all members of the Council to a Community Council Briefing Session on Bridgend’s Local Development Plan Deposit Public Consultation to be held at Pencoed Welfare Hall on Wednesday 3rd August 2011 at 10am. Numbers attending to be advised to BCBC. Cllr. J. Brice-Richards confirmed he would attend.
16) Letter received from Bridgend Citizens Advice Bureau requesting financial support.
17) Following concerns about parking of vehicles on grass verges by Nathaniel’s Cars the Clerk contacted the police who confirmed that it is estate owned land and therefore classified as private ground.
18) The Clerk inspected the damaged street sign at the entrance to Duffryn Close. The street name is still visible. It was agreed that the existing sign should repainted. Clerk to organize.
19) The Clerk received a copy of a letter written to BCBC by Mrs Evans of Glenwood Close reference the “untidy land at 54, Glenwood Close” and the lack of action taken so far by BCBC. A copy was also forwarded to Borough Cllr. P. Evans.
542. POLICE MATTERS.
PCSO Adam Whomes was in attendance with PC Steve Bowen to present and discuss the police report. A copy of the report will be posted on the notice boards and council website. PCSO Whomes can be contacted on his mobile phone 07584771112.
543. PLANNING MATTERS.
The Planning Sub Committee met on Monday 11th July 2011. Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting were circulated to all Council members. The Minutes will be separately posted on the Notice Board and Website.
544. TO RECEIVE A REPORT ON THE COMMUNITY ACCESS PLAN.
Cllr. Dr. E Venables informed the Council that the CAP report has been completed and forwarded to Kwaku Opoku-Addo Policy and Research Officer at BCBC for review. The CAP report has been received favourably at BCBC and a meeting of the CAP team and BCBC highway engineers has been arranged for 20th July 2011.
545. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH.
There was no business under this heading.
546.TO RECEIVE THE RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICERS REPORT
The RFO reported that, as at 30.06.11, the income for the year was £10,825.14 with expenditure of £6,001.80 with excess income of £4,823.34. Bank Balances were checked and confirmed at £7,719.91.
547.TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques totalling, £1,069.64 were approved and signed numbered 1254/1255.
548. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
The Chairman’s Chain of Office needs a new stiff collar and repairs carried out. The Clerk is to collect the Chain of Office from the Chairman at the end of July and get an estimate of the repair work for September’s Council meeting.
549. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC.
There were no members of the public present.
The Chairman closed the meeting at.8.35pm
Signed Chairman……………………………………… 12th July 2011