Council Minutes June 2011

Minutes of the meeting of the Coychurch Lower Community Council, held at the
Council Meeting Room on Tuesday the 14th June 2011 at 7.15 pm.

Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington Vice-Chairman Cllr. Miss J. Brace, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr.Dr. E. Venables. Cllr. Mrs. D.Morgan, the Clerk P. Smith and the Deputy Clerk C. Mogg.
Also present from Bridgend Youth Council, Abigail Richards. Catherine Jones and Kayleigh Cattell.
525. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Bruce Nash.
526 .MINUTES.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 10th May 2011 copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
527.TO RECEIVE A PRESENTATION FROM BRIDGEND YOUTH COUNCIL.
Three members of Bridgend Youth Council gave a brief presentation outlining the objectives of the Youth Council and asking for the Community Council’s assistance and support in identifying young people in Coychurch who may be interested in joining the Youth Council. Anyone who is interested in joining the Youth Council can get further information by emailingbridgendyouthcouncil@live.co.uk
528. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICAL INTEREST.
None were received.
529. CLERKS REPORT.
1)    The Chairman Cllr Miss C, Carrington will be attending the One Voice Wales  2011 Conference and AGM to be held on Saturday 8th October 2011at Bont Pavilion Pontrhydfendigaid Ceredigion commencing 10.00am
2)    Mr Gareth Evans of BCBC’s Parks and Playing Fields department still has not replied to the letter written by the Clerk asking for clarification as to who is responsible for maintenance and safety checks on the play park equipment.  The Clerk will write to him again on this matter.
3)    Reply received from Mr. Jason Jenkins of BCBC’s Highways department advising that repairs needed to the retaining wall between Hawthorn Road and Main Road had been inspected and agreed and placed on a work schedule but currently there are no funds available for the repairs to be carried out.
4)    Letter received from Mr. Jolly of BCBC’s Legal and regulatory Department advising of the planned diversion of footpath number 7.
5)     Stream in the village has been cleared by the Rivers Authority.
6)     Letter received from Bridgend Youth Council explaining their objectives and requesting that they make a short presentation to the Community Council at one of their meetings. It was agreed that they will now present at the June Council meeting.
7)     Letter received from BCBC advising that a “ Historic Building Owners Day” will be held at BCBC’s offices at Angel Street Bridgend on the 27th May 2011 between 10.30amand 4pm. All are welcome.
8)     Invitation received from the Mayor of Bridgend for the Chairman and Consort to attend the Civic Service to be held in St Mary’s Church Nolton Merthyr Road on Sunday 3rd July at 3.00pm.Chairman to attend. Clerk to action.
9)     Letter from BCBC’s Legal and Regulatory Department advising of the temporary closure of Heronstone Lane Bridgend from Monday 6th June 2011 to Sunday 22nd June 2011.
10)    Invitation received from the Mayor of Porthcawl for the Chairman and Consort to attend the Civic Service to be held in All Saints Church Victoria Avenue Porthcawl on Sunday 26th June at 3.00pm.Chairman to attend. Clerk to action.
11)    Letter received from Mrs Bowden 3, Manor Drive complaining about the condition of the road leading to Waterton village and asking the Council to write to BCBC requesting a new road on behalf of the residents there. Her daughter lives in Waterton village. It was agreed that the Clerk should forward a copy of Mrs Bowden’s letter to BCBC.
12)    Letter received from Gareth Rogers asking for a donation towards the cost of the residential course he is undertaking. Unfortunately it was decided that the Council cannot provide funds for individual sponsorships.
13)    Letter received from Madeleine Moon MP asking the Council to complete an online survey “What do you want the police to do” reference future police priorities.
14)     Letter received from BCBC advising that the next meeting of the Town and Community Council Forum will be held on Tuesday 9th August 2011 at BCBC’s offices in Angel Street Bridgend. Cllr. Nash to attend.
15)     The Clerk Contacted PC Paul Harward and facilities clerical officer Yvonne Coleman to see if the area of overgrown ground next to the police houses on main road can be cut back and kept in a reasonable condition. They have no funds at the moment to regularly maintain this but there is an option for the Council to take on the maintenance. Permission to enter the land concerned has been given. It was decided that the police should fund all costs associated with maintaining this land in a “tidy” condition.
16)    The Clerk inspected the Pavilion on Coychurch playing field and confirmed that the condition of the exterior needed was in such poor condition that it was not possible to repaint the building until repairs to the building were completed by BCBC. Cllr. Peter Evans agreed to discuss this with BCBC management with a few to getting the repair work carried out as early as possible.
17)    Sue Hurry Head Mistress of Coychurch (Llangrallo) Primary school contacted the Clerk asking for the use of the Council Office to hold interviews. This was agreed.
530. POLICE MATTERS.
PCSO Whomes was not present at the meeting. The police sent apologises that they would not be able to attend the meeting. PC Steve Bowen forwarded the Police Report for May 2011 to the Clerk. The format of the report has changed to include more information about incidents/crimes. A copy of the report will be posted on the notice boards and council website. PCSO Whomes can be contacted on his mobile phone 07584771112.
531. PLANNING MATTERS.
The Planning Sub Committee met on Monday 13th June 2011. Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting were circulated to all Council members. The Minutes will be separately posted on the Notice Board and Website.
532. TO RECEIVE A REPORT ON THE COMMUNITY ACCESS PLAN.
Cllr. Dr. E Venables informed the Council that the CAP Report has been submitted to BCBC for review and has received a very positive and favourable response. Some minor changes are required but the CAP report will be ready for submission to BCBC immediately after the public presentation to be held at the Williams Memorial Hall on Wednesday 15th June 2011 starting at 7pm.
Following submission of the final CAP report to BCBC, they will evaluate the CAP reports submitted and decide which CAP reports will be submitted to WAG.
533. TO PRESENT THE INTERNALLY AUDIT ACCOUNTS FOR YEAR ENDING 31st March 2011.
The internally audited accounts were presented and were duly signed by the Chairman in the presence of the RFO and Council members.
534. TO DISCUSS MATTERS CONCERNING THE BOROUGH.
There was no business under this heading.
535.TO AUTHORIZE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payment of cheques totalling, £1,015.43 were approved and signed numbered 1248/1253.
536. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Cllr. J. Brice-Richards reported that the “No Dogs Allowed “sign at the entrance to the play park from Glenwood Close side has been damaged. Clerk to action.
Cllr. Dr, E Venables advised that two drains in Main Road are blocked. One outside Ty Penwtyn and the other by Well Cottages.
Cllr. Mrs D. Morgan advised that the street sign at the entrance to Duffryn Close needs replacing. Clerk to contact BCBC.
Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan raised the issue of cars illegally parked on grass verges by Nathaniels Cars. It was not certain who owned the land concerned so it was agreed that the Clerk should contact the Estate Manager to confirm who owns the land before taking any further action.
537. MATTERS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE PUBLIC
There were no members of the public present.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.16 pm.

Signed Chairman……………………………………… 12th July 2011

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.