Minutes of the meeting of the Trustees Williams Memorial Hall, held at the Council
Meeting Room on Tuesday 13th March 2012 at 8.16pm.
Present. Chairman Cllr. Miss C. Carrington, Cllr. Mrs. D. Morgan, Cllr. K. Smith, Cllr. J. Brice-Richards, Cllr. Dr. E. Venables, Cllr. Bruce Nash and the Clerk Paul Smith.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologises for absence were received from Cllr. Miss. J. Brace and the Deputy Clerk Colin Mogg.
2. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Minutes of the meeting held on the Tuesday 14th February 2012, copies having previously been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman.
3.TO DISCUSS BUSINESS RELATING TO THE WMH.
1. The Clerk reported that he had recently visited ITCS the website developers and despite delays due to the developer being on jury service, it was expected that the website should be operational by the end of March 2012.
2. Concerning the issue of replacing the existing two gas boilers with one larger more efficient boiler the Clerk recommended that the Hall effectively goes all electric and the gas boiler will only be used as a backup or in emergency. The Clerk estimated that the cost of putting in a maximum of four additional quartz heaters in the main hall and kitchen should be around £1200. It was agreed the Clerk should present a detailed costing at the next meeting along with an expense analysis confirming the potential savings to be made by going all electric.
3. The Clerk reported that British Gas had notified the Hall by letter that the cost of gas will increase by 40% in July (when the current contract expires) due to reduced volume.
4. TO AUTHORISE PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS.
Payments relating to Hall expenses were presented and. approved. Payments totalled
£825.60 as per the attached schedule numbered 1232/1238.
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
There was no other business.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.32pm.
Signed Chairman………………………………………10th April 2012